The perfect summer sandwich does exist. Light, healthy and full of flavor. Whether you are looking for a way to increase your fiber intake and improve your heart health or you need a protein packed punch in your lunch, this sandwich is perfect for you.
Most of the ingredients can be commonly found in your home or local grocery store. There is one, however, that may be tough to get but it is so crucial. Kelp granules. These can be found in some grocery stores or can be purchased online. They are what gives this sandwich its signature taste. Kelp is high in antioxidants, carotenoids and flavonoids.
Also, you may add whatever veggies you’d like in there to give it even more health benefits. I recommend lightly toasting your bread for this sandwich but maybe that’s because I love whole wheat toast so much.
That is just about enough of me telling you how great this sandwich is. I will make you wait no longer for the secrets to making this tasty and nutritious sandwich.
Seaweed Chickpea Sandwich
Makes: 3-4 sandwiches worth
Takes: 5 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. pickle juice
- 2 tsp Kelp Granules
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas and pickle juice until it molds well together. Add in the kelp granules, nutritional yeast, and salt, and mix together.
- Spread the chickpea mash on one slice of toast and the mashed avocado on the other. Top with sliced tomatoes and place the pieces together to serve.