Over the years that I have been studying the Bible, I have come to see that God didn’t stop at giving humanity 10 Commandments by which to live our lives. He has also shared 10 Commandments of His life.
In addition, each of His 10 Commandments are promises to us that correspond with either the first four (our love relationship with God) or the other six (our relationships with each other).
Here are 10 of God’s Commandments for Himself:
- I will always love you. Jer. 31:3 and John 15:9
- I will always be with you. Heb. 13:5 and Matt. 28:20
- I will always forgive you. 1 John 1:9
- I will give you rest and peace. Matt. 11:28; Ex. 33:14; and John 14:27
- I will give the Holy Spirit to teach you the best way. John 16:8 and 13
- I will dwell in you. John 15:4
- I will give you wisdom. James 1:5
- I will cover you in the judgement. Isa. 44:22
- I will come back for you. John 14:3
- I will prepare a new, better home for you. John 14:2 and 2 Peter 3:13