The holidays can be depressing for many people. People who struggle with depression in general may seem even more depressed around the holidays, especially if they lost a loved one or something traumatic happened around the holidays. At some point in all of our lives we probably have felt depressed.
I want to encourage you that you can defeat depression; it is possible especially with God in your life. Here are some tips that may help you:
- Pray and invite God to help you. Tell God all your struggles and innermost feelings.
- Hydrate your body with water. Your body and brain is made up of mostly water. Water cleanses the system and helps it function better.
- Exercise in the open air if possible to clear your mind, increase circulation and remove toxins from your lungs. The better you breathe, the purer your blood and this helps the mind and mood.
- Get plenty of sunshine. Sunshine helps you sleep better and supplies your body with a much needed hormone Vitamin D.
- Cut back on caffeine and sugary/processed foods.
By adding these ideas into your regimen you can improve through the help of God (remember to seek medical help when needed). God wants you to thrive and so do I!
Jeanine Qualls is a consultant and health educator. Learn more: www.helpmininstryprayer.com or YouTube –jenny qualls thrive and Facebook jenny qualls